Thursday, September 13, 2012

Absolutely Terrified



I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do ~ Georgia O'Keefe

When I was selling Tupperware, my director used to tell us that if a stretch goal didn't make you nervous, it wasn't big enough.  And that's how I feel about my dream goal of becoming a published author.

I am still working on rewrites and editing and that has become just as daunting of a task as the actual writing of the first draft.  And at the same time, I find it so exhilarating to see look at my work from three or four years ago and see how far I've come. 

I've also done some freelance writing work the last couple of weeks.  It's absolutely the type of work I would love to do full time.  And I'm learning so much about it and facing deadlines and working through my weekend and all that that good stuff that come with new challenges.

If you're not just a bit nervous about your goals that you've set, they probably aren't big enough.  I hope you've set them big enough and are enjoying your dream journey like I am this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment