Thursday, January 17, 2013

If An Echo Sounds



I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all, to keep alive in our hearts a sense of the inexpressibly human ~ Richard Wright

I've heard Oprah call this echo a whisper in her mind.  Many people hear this whisper or echo, but very few follow what they hear. 

What is whispering or echoing at you this year?  It's the beginning of a new year and you have eleven whole months to accomplish what is echoing back at you right now.

Do you hear an echo right now and then you hear another whisper that says, "but not right now?"  That's fine.  I decided to quit smoking in January but didn't start until April.  That was sixteen years ago.  I also decided to go back to school in January and didn't start until the summer term that year.  I graduated with my bachelor's degree in 2000.

What's echoing back at you this year and what are you doing about it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment