Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The City of Comfort



The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition ~ Alan Alda

I could replace the word "the creative" with the word "Success" and this might be a more universal quote.

Success, whether in a creative field or not, does come from leaving your comfort zone and learning and using new skills.

Nearly a year ago, I joined a local critique group. At first being in the group was scary because the feedback was raw and, at times, a bit harsh. After meetings I questioned everything about my writing career, first novel published or not. Putting myself out there for this examination was very uncomfortable in the beginning, but soon my skin thickened and I truly did learn from the both the feedback as well as reading and critiquing others' work. Through their feedback and assistance, Disappear With Me is what it is today.

I had to quit participating in the group because my work schedule changed and I miss that weekly interaction with a group of fellow authors. Now I've found a new group and am will submit my first piece this weekend. I am so excited, because this group is with other authors that write m/m romance like me.

Had I not put myself out of my comfort zone and listened to the feedback, Disappear With Me might not be the novel it is today or may not have even accepted by Musa Publishing.

When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and were successful?

_______________________________________________



Is it possible fora two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Musa Publishing!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Musa Publishing!




Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Let’s use #APTCTO and #disappearwith me to connect on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment