This is one of my favorite Chinese proverbs. This blog site is my journey in my world of writing. I am currently working on my first fiction novel. Keep up with me on a weekly basis as I share with you my journey to get my first book published.
I am no one special. I wasn’t a teen writing phenomenon like S.E. Hinton. I didn’t go to school to become a writer. Writing is something that I enjoy and direction I took when it was right for me. The older I get, the more important it becomes to truly love and enjoy what I do for a career. That’s why I chose to pursue a career in writing.
The process I’m going to share with you is a refinement of years and years of reading popular self help books and business books. There’s a short bibliography at the back of this book. This bibliography is only a list of the books that I remember reading, it is by no means a comprehensive list of everything I’ve ever read to define these principles that have shaped my success for at least the last twenty years.
The Five Step Process I’d like you to consider are:
1. Create a Vision. Answer the questions, “What do I want to accomplish? And what will ‘success’ look like for me?”
2. Set Goals. Answer the questions, “When do I want to accomplish my writing projects? And when do I want to be successful?”
3. Develop and Follow Routines. Answer the question, “How will I go about completing my writing projects?”
4. Define Boundaries. Answer the question, “Where will I accomplish my writing projects?”
5. Find a Friend. Answer the question, “Who else is out there that could use my support just as much as I could use his/hers?”
In the upcoming weeks, I'll elaborate on each of these steps in the process individually. For the first week, this is it.