Sunday, June 12, 2011

Book Launch - Motion to Kill



It's been a crazy few weeks at work, thanks for sticking with me.  I am so excited to be back again helping to launch the Kindle Edition of Motion to Kill by Joel Goldman. If you like mystery and crime stories, you’ll love Motion to Kill.

I am absolutely a fan of fiction set in places that I live or places that I’ve been.  I’m new to the Kansas City area and I just think it’s the coolest thing to read stories set here in my new city.  Whether you live here or not, you get a nice tour of our city, it’s landmarks, and a bit of the history surrounding some of our neighborhoods.  And it’s not forced or contrived, it all fits nicely into the story.

As an aspiring author myself, I loved how his characters pause at different parts of the story and recount what they know about the mystery and crime.  They keep summing it up as they go and reviewing the information so you don’t forget what’s going on or what they do know.  I was able to use this device recently in my own work in progress, and it’s not going to be a mystery-crime novel.  As far as the who-done-it goes, Joel Goldman always keeps you guessing and I didn’t figure it out until it was revealed in the end.  I hate mysteries that make it too obvious who did it (but I love it when I figure it out!). 

If you haven’t read Motion to Kill yet, I definitely recommend you download it for Kindle today.  And remember, you don’t have to have a Kindle e-reader, you can download the Kindle app on your PC, smartphone, or tablet to enjoy Motion to Kill and thousands more Kindle titles.  Here's a link to Amazon:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment