Monday, September 23, 2013

Shoestring



You can play a shoestring if you're sincere ~ John Coltrane

Are you serious about achieving your dream? Do you believe you can make a shoestring play music?

I've shared before that besides publishing, I feel like I've had two other life accomplishments, quitting smoking and finishing my degree before I was thirty. After that I had some other dreams and goals, but they fizzled out.

I truly think it's because I didn't believe that I could do it. I let fatigue and rejection get the best of me and let the guilt eat at me while I did other things. Hence, I never achieved the dreams I had.

I don't know what was different with writing. I set out to complete my first novel and get it published. Along the way, I learned more about the craft and business of writing. I have a list of ideas for at least twenty different novels. I've published one novel, the second will be released in December, and I am working on my third.

Only when I sincerely believed I could, did I achieve.

What is something you've accomplished that took sincere belief in yourself?




______________________________________________________________

Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?

When the War Between the States ended in 1865 many Americans emerged from the turmoil energized by their possibilities for the future. Frank Greerson and Gregory Young were no different. After battling southern rebels and preserving the Union, the two men set out to battle the Kansas Prairie and build a life together. Frank yearned for his own farm, away from his family—even at the risk of alienating them. Gregory, an only child, returned home to claim his inheritance to help finance their adventure out west.

Between the difficult work of establishing a farm on the unforgiving Kansas prairie, and the additional obstacles provided by the weather, Native Americans and wild animals, will their love and loyalty be enough to sustain them through the hardships?

Purchase A Place to Call Their Own from All Romance today!

Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.

Join the conversation:  use #APTCTO to talk about the novel on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment