Saturday, August 6, 2016

August Reading



It’s a brave new world we’re headed for, no doubt about that. We must try to meet it with as much grace as we can muster… ~ Robert from Downton Abbey

How’s your summer going? Can you believe it’s already the first weekend in August? I know the kids will be going back to school in just a week or two. We loose our college student not this week but next. Did you get everything you wanted done, including your reading?

I, for one, have not. Again, I can’t believe the summer is almost over. In a few short weeks, it will be Labor Day and then it seems like the fall is here in full force. One thing I’ve done this year is putting my reading on my to do list every day! Sometimes I get to it and other days I don’t. I’m not just reading fiction anymore, so I have to “schedule” the fiction with my self help and recovery books.

It works for me. Sometimes I get into either a fiction book or one of my non-fiction books and then all bets are off. I am engrossed in my reading. When finished, I either have a new tool to help live my to the fullest or I have a new story and new characters to cherish. Maybe even a new writing technique to try in my own writing.

My fiction selection this weekend in A Prince’s Psalm by Eric Shaw Quinn. What are you reading this weekend?

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from JMS Books !










Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Leander convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural?

My second novel, Disappear With Me, is available for pre-order from JMS Books!




Can two men find love amidst the pervasive culture of  propriety, honor, and expectation of the 1960s?

My latest novel, Need Your Love is available from JMS Books!


My contemporary short story, "Jackpot!" is available in the Love is Proud Anthology from JMS Books! All proceeds benefit the victims of the Orlando Pulse Shooting!



No comments:

Post a Comment