Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Best Team in the World



The best team in the world ~ Internet meme

Although my marriage didn’t last, when we were together and firing on all cylinders, we were the best team in the world. In the eight and half years together, we paid off two cars and bought a house. I don’t deny it was teamwork that helped me publish my first three novels while we were together. I loved him, and the life we built, very much.

It’s this love and teamwork that inspired my first novel, A Place to Call Their Home. If you know me well, and knew my ex, you can tell which of the characters is based on me and which is based on him. It’s about a time when we were first together and left most of our lives in Colorado to start again in the Midwest.

That’s the thing about romance, in novels and real life. The best partners are the ones that bring out your best qualities while helping you reduce or eliminate your worst. You do the same for the other person.

I certainly am not a relationship expert, but I can tell you from experience it’s not easy. For me, it is fun to read and write about romances that work.

Who are your favorite team work characters from what novel? I’d love to hear!



_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from JMS Books !










Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Leander convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural?

My second novel, Disappear With Me, is available for pre-order from JMS Books!




Can two men find love amidst the pervasive culture of  propriety, honor, and expectation of the 1960s?

My latest novel, Need Your Love is available from JMS Books!


My contemporary short story, "Jackpot!" is available in the Love is Proud Anthology from JMS Books! All proceeds benefit the victims of the Orlando Pulse Shooting!




No comments:

Post a Comment