Sunday, May 27, 2012

Impossible



I think it is impossible to explain faith.  It is like trying to explain air, which one cannot do by dividing it into its component parts and labeling them scientifically.  It must be breathed to be understood ~ Patrick White

Do you have faith in yourself to achieve you dreams?  Sometime I wonder about the answer to that question myself.

Believe it or not, but sometimes when my routines are humming, my projects are moving forward, and things seem to be happening, that's when the doubt creeps into my mind.  I've come to understand for me, that usually means there's some boredom to the routine somewhere and I need to spice things up.  Most of the time if I go out and actually do something on the weekends rather than just sitting at home, that's enough to get the doubt out of my mind.

Doubt can come quickly, but faith in yourself can be harder to find.  If you persevere and work through the doubt, just reaching small goals along the way can do wonders for your faith and confidence in yourself.  My second novel is going much faster than the first one ever did.  The first one isn't published yet, but nearly ready to start down that path.  But just knowing I did the first novel has helped propel my confidence in finishing the second one, maybe even this year.

It is impossible to explain, sometimes you do just have to live it and breath it to understand.  Have you had any experiences of new found faith in yourself lately?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment