Saturday, October 1, 2011

Here's to Acknowledging our Moments of Willpower



Here's to acknowledging our moments of willpower ~ Jill Badonsky

Don't you just love it when your day starts with accomplishing small goals that help you make your dreams come true? Not only does it feel good to make small steps towards the big dream, the vision, but the rest of day just seems to continue to be a good day, no matter what obstacles might come up.

I actually wrote that introduction last Sunday morning after accomplishing my writing goals early in the morning. How fitting that it is so timely for me this Saturday morning as well. I've been working third shift the last. I decided to get back into the normal weekday routine I'd like, I would get up at 5:30 AM on Saturday and Sunday. I am hoping that come Monday, rolling out of bed at 5:30 am to work out and write before work starts to become old hat.

After psyching myself up all day on Friday to get to bed at 9 PM and reminding myself how good it feels to work out and write before work, my hopes and dreams were dashed when I was woke up at 11 PM. When I was still awake at 1 AM, I turned off the alarm and decided getting some good rest was more important. I had only slept and shout and a half after working a thirteen hour shift on Friday morning.

But it must have been in the cards for me to start this routine. I woke up naturally right before 5:30 AM, just as I had planned. I tried to roll over and go back to bed, but the cat was determined to get his breakfast so I went ahead and got up.

So even though I am behind in my week day routine, it does feel nice to be up and have both my exercise and writing goals done for the day. It took quite a bit of willpower to get up and get going, but I feel great!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment