Sunday, September 25, 2011

Try to be Better than Yourself


Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself ~ William Faulkner

I hope that you've been continuing on your success journey. I've been quietly and slowly working on my novel and really am hoping to have the first draft done by the end of October so I can participate in National Novel Writing Month in November. Then my plan is to start the New Year editing.

This quote resonates with me this morning because I can be a very competitive person. Although a bit of healthy competition can be good, no matter what you're trying to accomplish, it's also important to remember to just try to be better than yourself.

What do you want to be better than yourself at this week?

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment