Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ideas



I don’t know where my ideas come from. They just come usually when I’m mowing the lawn, driving to work, or walking my hound ~ Ron Kofron

Some of my best ideas come from the craziest places. For example, I was watching an episode of American Dad where Roger was repairing or creating a suit of armor. An idea for a Crusades trilogy popped into my head. Wont’ that make a great gay romance story?

Some of our best ideas, whether they be for writing romance novels, sales campaigns, or whatever your goal may be, come at the most inopportune times. I always try to write down those ideas when possible and remember them later.

Another writing exercise that has worked well for me is to try to stop mid-sentence or mid-thought when finishing the writing for the day. I also stop when I reach my word count goal. Invariably, what happens is then I think about the next part of the scene or the next chapter all day. Usually, I am able to recall all those ideas when I move forward the next day.

Where do your creative ideas come from?

_______________________________________________



Is it possible fora two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Musa Publishing!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Musa Publishing!




Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to discuss on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment