Sunday, November 23, 2014

Most Success Springs From Failure



Most success springs from an obstacle or failure. I became a cartoonist largely because I failed in my goal of becoming a successful executive ~ Scott Adams

In writing, this can be very true. I come up with a couple of great characters, a great plot, write a few chapters, and submit them to various people for their feedback. Most of the time, I think they are going to come back and tell me how wonderful and brilliant my writing is. Almost always, they help me find holes in my plot and inconsistencies in my characters. Then, what I revise usually turns out better than my original idea.

The awesome thing about perceived failure is the opportunity to rebound and make things even better than they were before, or go in another direction. Just because something doesn’t work out, doesn’t mean you can’t move on to other things. I thought I wanted to be a direct sales leader, now I know my calling is to be a writer.

How have you overcome perceived failure? I’d love to hear!



So excited to have Adrian Smith on the Book Reviews, Rants, & Raves blog today!

Book Reviews, Rants, & Raves!: For By Grace by Adrian J. Smith: Author Bio: Adrian J. Smith, or "AJ" as she is often called, is a part time writer with an epic imagination, sharp wit, a...

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from OmniLit !



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from OmniLit!



Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to mention on social media!


No comments:

Post a Comment