Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Can Do This


Think to yourself, "I can do this" ~ Jill Badonsky

Twenty one years ago today, I started working full time. Since then, I've made no less than four major career transitions on this day/week. I also had two follow very close behind in September, which means I was interviewing during this month in preparation to transition in September.

And here it is the beginning of the month and I'll have posted to the blog two days in a row; I'm two for two for August.  And I have a good feeling about the rest of the year, as far as my writing goes. Work on A Place to Call Their Own is moving along very well. I hope to get the first draft done by the end of October so that I can participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). That will leave me the colder winter months to work on editing and finishing touches.

No matter what goal journey you're on, just keep thinking to yourself, "I can do it." Even Oprah just admitted this week that being the CEO of the OWN Network is ten times harder than running her daily show. And she's committed to making OWN successful doing what's worked very well for her in the past: allow it [the network] to serve her purpose and to serve her viewers.

And if I can do it, you can do it.

Have a great week!

2 comments: