Tuesday, January 10, 2012



Although it may be terrifying to get out of your comfort zone, it's very exciting to start a new chapter in your life ~ Katie Couric

When you're reading a book, a new chapter can signal many things,  Sometimes in a fiction book, you're swept from one exciting locale to another with the turn of a page.  If you're reading non-fiction, a new chapter usually changes the subject, sometimes completely, sometimes just slightly.  New chapters frame new boundaries to engage you in the story or the subject  matter at hand.

Whenever you set out upon a new dream journey, it is like starting a new chapter in your life.  Just like reading chapters in a book defines new boundaries for you as a reader, starting new dream journeys also mean establishing some new boundaries so you can't reach your goals.

Sometimes the boundaries can be temporary.  Maybe you need to give up just a bit of free time each week to reach your goal.  Many times, reaching your dream journey helps you define new boundaries in your life that you choose to keep, even after you've reached your goal.

I'm setting some new boundaries in my professional life this year, so I can move towards my dream of finishing my novel.  It's been tough at times, I've wanted to retreat to my old ways.  But as I trudge forward, out of my comfort zone, the feeling knowing I've freed up myself to work on my novel has over come my fears that something will go wrong at work.

What new boundaries have you set this year to help you reach your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment