Saturday, January 7, 2012

How's Your New Year Coming Along?



It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change ~ Unknown

We're six days into the New Year, how's your New Year coming along?  Don't be discouraged and don't give up if you aren't following your resolutions as closely as you would like.  I wrote last year that the two biggest goals I've ever accomplished were New Year's Resolutions and not even started until April and May of those years.  Don't give up.

My resolution this year is to absolutely finish my novel.  This year, I am planning to be done by August 30th so it can be ready for the fourth quarter.  To do this, I am committing myself to new boundaries and new routines to accomplish this goal.  And to set up these new boundaries, I am make some sweeping changes at work to clear up the time in my personal life.

So to accomplish my bigger goal of finishing A Place to Call Their Own, I have to start at the end and get my professional life in order.  That should be accomplished this week.  Then I can start working on the morning routines at home to make finishing the novel a reality.  I've already started getting up early, I've been up by 5 AM each of the last three days.  Maybe I should go ahead and get up early tomorrow so that I can do that on Monday as well? 

I hope the New Year is going the direction you wish...I'd love to hear your comments on that or your New Year's Resolutions in general...

No comments:

Post a Comment