Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You Learn Courage by Couraging



Courage is like-it's a habitus, a habit, a virtue; you get it by courageous acts.  It's like you learn to swim by swimming.  You learn courage by couraging ~ Mary Daly

You learn courage by couraging and you learn to follow your dreams by following your dreams.  I read recently that it takes 10,000 hours at a task to become an expert.  If one could be successfully in just forty hours per week, that's still 4.8 years of hard work!  If you don't have forty hours a week to commit to your dream journey, it takes longer to achieve that 10,000 hours.

Whatever dream journey you're on, get started on your 10,000 hours so that you become an expert in your field.  Even if you can only spend fifteen minutes a day, that is chipping away at achieving your goal.  It is, after all, March 1.  Can you believe we've already had sixty days of the new year?  I am happy to report, personally, that A Place to Call Their Own is moving along.  (Note to self:  keep a word count journal so I know where my word count is each month so I can track my progress.)  I also simplified my routines so that I could find balance between the writing, reading, and being "social" it takes for new authors to be successful.

I hope your dream journey is going as well for you as it for me this year.  I hope everyone is having a good week and here's to a fantastic March!

No comments:

Post a Comment