Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This is the Day



This is a day to separate what does work for you from what is no longer needed. Time to toss out old regrets, useless feelings or past resentments ~ Ed and Deb Shapiro

No matter what your dream journey, there will always be advice from those who have gone before you that say you need to this and you need to that to be successful.  As a writer I am told that I need to blog everyday to build my platform.

But that doesn't work for me.  For years I struggled with not only coming up with a topic to post about and also guilt when I didn't get a post published. Then there were days when I got a blog post done, but no writing in the novel. Crazy! 

I finally came to terms with the fact that I am too busy to write a blog post every day of the week. Even when I tried to write more than one post a day for the future dates, those posts quickly dwindled out.

I did figure out I could post four days a week. One on Saturday and Sunday and two during the week.  I struggled for just a bit that I this wasn't every day, but it was a schedule I could work with. Every since I figured out, posting regularly on my blog has not been a problem.

So my advice is this:  it's your dream journey and you are the one that has to take the steps to reach your goals. Even if another expert in your field is telling you to do something, and it doesn't work for you, modify the advice to fit your schedule and your dream. It might take you longer, but it also might make the dream journey much more enjoyable!

What is a routine in your dream journey you modify to fit your schedule?





______________________________________________________________

Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
When the War Between the States ended in 1865 many Americans emerged from the turmoil energized by their possibilities for the future. Frank Greerson and Gregory Young were no different. After battling southern rebels and preserving the Union, the two men set out to battle the Kansas Prairie and build a life together. Frank yearned for his own farm, away from his family—even at the risk of alienating them. Gregory, an only child, returned home to claim his inheritance to help finance their adventure out west.

Between the difficult work of establishing a farm on the unforgiving Kansas prairie, and the additional obstacles provided by the weather, Native Americans and wild animals, will their love and loyalty be enough to sustain them through the hardships?

Purchase A Place to Call Their Own from Musa Publishing today!

Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.

Join the conversation:  use #APTCTO to talk about the novel on social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment