Sunday, August 25, 2013

What Did It Feel Like?



You write the first draft with your heart. You re-write with your head ~ Finding Forrester

Are there any "older" movies out there that you always meant to watch but just haven't gotten around to the them? When you did, were you ever like, How come I haven't seen that yet?

Finding Forrester is one of those for me. I remember getting the DVD from Netflix but I don't remember why I never sat down and watched it all the way through. Last night I finally got to it. Maybe if I would have seen it in 2000 it came out I would have started writing sooner?  There's a reason for everything.

I started bawling when Jamal asks William "How did it feel to write those books?" Well, Jamal, let me tell you it's pretty wonderful. It's like asking someone in Direct Sales, how did it feel when you first became a Director or small business owner, how did if feel when you made your first profit.  The feeling is nearly indescribable. (And for the record, yes, I bawled throughout the rest of the movie, when he's vindicated and at the very end.)

And it's that feeling that keeps me going. I've started my third novel and it's going great. I continue to trudge through the daily task of writing and editing. Now I have the extra pressure to have something ready for my critique group each week. Just that goal keeps me going each week.

What did it feel like the first time you achieved a goal?




______________________________________________________________

Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
When the War Between the States ended in 1865 many Americans emerged from the turmoil energized by their possibilities for the future. Frank Greerson and Gregory Young were no different. After battling southern rebels and preserving the Union, the two men set out to battle the Kansas Prairie and build a life together. Frank yearned for his own farm, away from his family—even at the risk of alienating them. Gregory, an only child, returned home to claim his inheritance to help finance their adventure out west.

Between the difficult work of establishing a farm on the unforgiving Kansas prairie, and the additional obstacles provided by the weather, Native Americans and wild animals, will their love and loyalty be enough to sustain them through the hardships?

Purchase A Place to Call Their Own from All Romance today!

Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.

Join the conversation:  use #APTCTO to talk about the novel on social media!


No comments:

Post a Comment