Thursday, December 26, 2013

Year in Review



Did you ever notice that life seems to follow certain patterns? Like I noticed that every year around this time, I hear Christmas music ~ Tom Sims

WOW...that's all I can say! 2013 has been the best to me than any year in a long time. I published two novels, got a promotion at work, my partner is back to work in a job that he does enjoy, and we just had the best holiday with my family in a long time. Me and my two brothers were all home for Christmas, the first time in seven years (we think).

Now, I won't deny that my routines that helped me get two novels written have been torn to pieces as I entered unchartered territory in my writing career. Added to writing was self-editing, participation in a critique group, navigating the actual process of getting a novel published, marketing said novels...Add to that changes in my own work schedule and duties and then Thomas's change in work and transportation schedules.

But above all, having the routines in place kept me going when the dust settled and I sat down to work.  I didn't always get everything done that I wanted (NaNoWriMo, Blogging in November and December), but I always had the routines to fall back on.

Over the next week I'll be evaluating our new schedules, routines, goals, and ideas and formulate a plan for 2014. I'll be sharing that next week. One thing is for sure, I'll be back to posting four times a week!

Have a great day! It's Boxing Day in the UK and I like to go shopping as well. We haven't decided if we're going out or not, we'll see how we feel after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment