Sunday, August 31, 2014

A More Substantial Reality



Meditation is such a more substantial reality than what we normally take to be reality ~ Richard Gere

If you’re like me, you’re probably working a demanding full time job and trying to achieve a dream goal, whether it is writing like me, direct sales, going to school, whatever it may be. In addition, I am involved in my church and we are buying a townhouse right now. Whew!

Sometimes I get so embroiled in everything, I get stuck on difficult challenges. I have such lofty goals with my writing, that I sometimes have problems moving the plot forward, or in the case of my current WIP, tying things together. What I have found lately is to just take a break and think about the scene on which I am working. For example, sometimes on the weekend, I stop writing and work on a packing project and think about a difficult scene or plot point. Then, when it comes to me, I have the chance to go back to the laptop and finish out my thought.

During the week it works a bit different. If I get a brainstorm, I usually have to make a note and revisit the manuscript another time. I do have an hour break in the morning taking Thomas to work that gives me a chance to think about my writing as well.

So when you get stuck, take a break, regroup and think about what you’re trying to accomplish. You’ll be amazed at how well you’re able to figure out your quandry.

What do you do when you get stuck? I’d love to hear!

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Amazon US!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Amazon US!


Or, check out my author page on Amazon UK.

Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwith me to mention on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment