Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wisdom Within Ourselves



Here’s to the wise people that inspire us, here’s to the wisdom within ourselves ~ Jill Badonsky

Here’s to the wisdom within ourselves! Do you remember the moment when you decided that you were going to pursue your dream? Did you feel scared or overwhelmed? And at the same time, exited and energized?

Along your dream journey, do you understand the times when you can push yourself and yet understand the times when you do need to slow down and take a break? All of those scenarios are the beauty of wisdom within ourselves.

My writing, day job, church obligations, and personal life have just all exploded this summer. Two or three weeks ago, I had a fabulous brainstorm for both a story but also a new method to my writing madness. I’ve been trying to achieve an aggressive word count goal each day. If this approach is successful I will adapt it as my method going forward.

Day job and church obligations are absolutely out of control. Last week I had to take a break.

The wisdom within me said, “I know you want to finish that new manuscript, but it’s too much. Take a break, regroup, and get back to it this weekend.”

So I did.

I spent Saturday and Sunday going back through the beginning of the manuscript (which by the way, is the end of the story), and fixing things that had changed along the way. I didn’t get a lot of word count accomplished, but I did get editing and polishing done.

If you’re like me, your dream goal can’t come true soon enough. But there are times, like last week, when I just have to say, “I am only one person, and something else needs my attention this week.”

What do you do when you realize that you can only do so much? 

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from BookStrand!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from BookStrand!



Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Join the conversation, use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment