Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Don't Let Anyone Rob You



Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to be ~ Mae Jennison

After a six to eight month absence, I think I am back. It has been busy, crazy at work learning new tasks and re-adjusting my work life to handle all the new tasks on our plates. I let my dream work suffer and now I am about six weeks or so behind.

I am not letting that stop me. I resolve to get caught up this year. I make that goal every year, but I’ve done it before so now I know I can do it again. I used the last two weeks to get caught up at work and make a plan, so now I can spend my mornings back on my writing.

I can’t believe how energized I was on Monday. Even though I had plenty to do over the weekend, I only worked a couple of hours, but created a plan for the week. I was able to work on a finished manuscript and create a plan to get back into my critique group routine this week. 

I am back, and ready to get writing and publishing with a vengeance.

How do you like to return to projects you have set aside for awhile?

_______________________________________________



Is it possible fora two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Musa Publishing!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Musa Publishing!




Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to discuss on social media!


2 comments:

  1. Wow...I hit preview and my comment disappeared...hope this is not a glitch and I end up posting twice...anyhoo...

    Hi Dean, and welcome back!

    Speaking about projects that have been set aside for a while...ahem...

    I wrote a book WAY back in the 90's, and last year finally decided to dust it off and get re-writing. It's nearly ready for publication now after months of edits, proofing, etc. and I'm hoping to get it out there this week, in time for Valentine's day! So to answer your question...it feels GREAT to finally return to it...and FINISH it!!

    It's a contemporary romance, titled, Song of Memory. (my first non-paranormal type book!)

    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete