Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thank You for the Start, Musa Publishing



Here’s to the freedom that Creativity gives us in any circumstance ~ Jill Badonsky
Friday morning I woke up to an email from Musa Publishing letting me know that as of February 28, they were ceasing all operations. The good news is I will get my royalties and I get my rights back to A Place to Call Their Own and Disappear With Me.
At first I thought I was unaffected by the announcement. Yes, I was sad, the folks at Musa have been a great bunch to work with. But for the most part, I thought I would just find a new home for my titles and move on with the WIP’s.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who reached out and asked me about my next steps or gave me advice when I asked you.

This is the thing…Without Musa, I wouldn’t even be where I am today. This business is about one person believing in your story and believing in you and taking a chance. Musa took that chance and I hope I represented them well. I learned a lot from them and I think (hope) my writing has improved because of that.

In the meantime, my novels are on sale directly from Musa until February 28, when they will not be available until I find a new home for them.

I am going to take some advice from some close writing buddies and finish a manuscript with which I am about 80% done, but what do you think I should do with the titles that need a new home? Self pub? Do you know any small indie houses that like Gay Historical Romances? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

_______________________________________________



Is it possible fora two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Musa Publishing!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Musa Publishing!




Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to discuss on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment