Saturday, July 27, 2013

Positive Energy



What if we lived our lives with a deeper more conscious awareness of the fact that we get to create our own experience of life at any moment? Imagine what our lives, our careers, and our relationships would look like if we stopped blaming our experience on other people or on external circumstances. We would free up so much positive energy and take back so much of our personal power ~ Mike Robbins

In February 2012, I had hit a low point in my writing.  I had taken a some time off work, a staycation because I hadn't had any time off for a year at that point.  I had planned to make some progress on #APTCTO.  I had not made much progress for a quite awhile and the guilt was eating at me.

Another goal for this staycation was to get on track with blogging.  If you look at my blog history, you'll see that prior to this time, my posts were spotty, sometimes spanning months between posts.  So I did, by Tuesday or Wednesday, figure out that blogging everyday wouldn't for me, but I could commit to four posts a week.  Since that week I've done pretty good at meeting that regular commitment.

Thursday of my staycation came and I still wasn't any further on #APTCTO. I sat down and brainstormed the ending rest of the plot, and boom.  That was my answer.  That day alone, I wrote 5000 words (that's about 20 pages).  I probably hadn't written that in the previous 12 months. 

Within a month, my first draft of #APTCTO was finished.  I had set a goal to be done by the end of the year, and voile, I finished the manuscript.  In addition to figuring out the outline and having a path to follow, I also let go of the excuses that day.  I quit blaming my job, my schedule, my inexperience as a writer. 

That day was a turning point in my dream journey. Not only did I finish #APTCTO last year, but I wrote a second manuscript, Disappear With Me. I have been writing consistently, both on my novels and my blog, and my goal of becoming an author is progressing.

All because I started taking responsibility for my dream and quit blaming everything around me. Have you had a similar turning point on your dream journey?



______________________________________________________________

Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
When the War Between the States ended in 1865 many Americans emerged from the turmoil energized by their possibilities for the future. Frank Greerson and Gregory Young were no different. After battling southern rebels and preserving the Union, the two men set out to battle the Kansas Prairie and build a life together. Frank yearned for his own farm, away from his family—even at the risk of alienating them. Gregory, an only child, returned home to claim his inheritance to help finance their adventure out west.

Between the difficult work of establishing a farm on the unforgiving Kansas prairie, and the additional obstacles provided by the weather, Native Americans and wild animals, will their love and loyalty be enough to sustain them through the hardships?

Purchase A Place to Call Their Own from Barnes and Noble today!

Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.

Join the conversation:  use #APTCTO to talk about the novel on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment