Sunday, July 21, 2013

Transformation Doesn't Happen Unless You're Willing


I believe that when you stop renewing and are no longer open to change and the possibilities that continually unfold, you stop being alive and are just getting through the years. Transformation doesn't happen unless you're willing: It's your choice ~ Oprah Winfrey

Change is hard for everyone. I know, I am one of the most routine and rigid people I know. The thing about new ideas that I've realized over the years is that the ideas that make the most impact to what I'm doing are usually the best.

Case in point, I recently read that you should re-type your manuscript completely at least once.  Back in May, I was trying to get Disappear with Me polished and sent off to Musa Publishing about the same time we were finishing A Place to Call Their Own.

I wanted to get the manuscript done and I was frustrated with my own lack of editing skill when looking at my own work.  I was reading through what should have been a final read-through and I was finding all sorts of mistakes and opportunities to polish the manuscript. So I acquiesced and started retyping the whole thing. 

Editing for A Place to Call Their Own took precedence in June, but I am back on track in July.  I have almost completed another rewrite/revision of Disappear With Me and will be ready to submit it soon. 

Lesson learned, I have to be open the ideas and suggestions that I resist the most.

What lesson have you learned in your dream journey by being more open to new ideas? 


P.S.

Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Happy 18th Birthday, Bryce!




______________________________________________________________

Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
When the War Between the States ended in 1865 many Americans emerged from the turmoil energized by their possibilities for the future. Frank Greerson and Gregory Young were no different. After battling southern rebels and preserving the Union, the two men set out to battle the Kansas Prairie and build a life together. Frank yearned for his own farm, away from his family—even at the risk of alienating them. Gregory, an only child, returned home to claim his inheritance to help finance their adventure out west.

Between the difficult work of establishing a farm on the unforgiving Kansas prairie, and the additional obstacles provided by the weather, Native Americans and wild animals, will their love and loyalty be enough to sustain them through the hardships?

Purchase A Place to Call Their Own from OmniLit today!

Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.

Join the conversation:  use #APTCTO to talk about the novel on social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment