Thursday, May 8, 2014

Quickly Blot Out the Nasty



The dog has an enviable mind; it remembers the nice things in life and quickly blots out the nasty - Barbara Woodhouse

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could easily forget the negative things in our lives? How much better things would be if we could easily forget the bad stuff that happens or the bad things people might say about our work. The irony of being a writer is that tension and contrast made for better stories.

Not all negativity is bad negativity though. I try to look forward to the feedback that my writing group provides on my submissions. I do admit, sometimes I think I’ve submitted a fabulous piece and then it gets torn to shreds by my colleagues. I’d rather have them look at it and poke holes in it before it gets rejected by someone else.

After all, without a little tension and conflict, the characters we fall in love with might be a little bit boring. And then what would we do about happily ever after?

How you turn negativity in your dream journey into positives? 

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Barnes and Noble!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Barnes and Noble!



Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to mention on social media!






No comments:

Post a Comment