Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thrid Manuscript Done, Fourth One Started!



Here’s to standing at the edge of the sea feeling the knowledge of earthly eternal ~ Jill Badonsky

So I finished a third manuscript last week! The Higher Law is now in the hands of beta readers! My mom has read the whole thing. This is a record for her, she read it in three days. My dad has read seventy five percent. It is still in the hands of some very trusted beta readers. For now, I must put it to rest and move on.

My fourth manuscript is a merman story. I have been mulling around the idea for about a year. I’ve done a little bit of reading on the mermaid folklore and fairy tales and the Aquatic Ape Theory of human evolution. I have a lot more reading to do, both fiction and non-fiction. I plan to include folk tales that help the explain the Sea People’s culture and views of the world.

Here’s a working blurb:

In a world foretold by prophesies and folk tales, what’s more important, happiness or destiny?

Sartin’s amber eyes told his mother, and the rest of the pod, that he was destined to become a great Alewar from the day he was born. Mocked by the majority of the pod for his progressive practice of Decoy, Sartin’s life doesn’t feel like the life of any of the great Alewars his mother told him about. Hoping to find an Alewar mate at his Twenty-First Winter Meeting, an injury and storm take Sartin far away from Winter Cove. Nursed back to health by a Land Person, Sartin finds love and acceptance. Torn between his love of Maru and his love of the sea, Sartin must choose between happiness and destiny in this tale of Sartin of the Sea.

Thanks for following along my journey and stay tuned for more updates!

_______________________________________________



Is it possible fora two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?
 
My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Musa Publishing!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Musa Publishing!




Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to discuss on social media!






No comments:

Post a Comment