Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Good Actions



Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others ~ Plato

When we moved to Kansas City on December 31, 2009, I made sure we went to church on that first Sunday. For a couple of years I had found Central Presbyterian Church  and knew they were an open and welcoming congregation. I had not been happy with our church where we lived before and was excited to return to my Presbyterian roots. .

That winter in Kansas City was snowy and cold. On that first Sunday morning, it snowed another four inches Saturday night into Sunday. (Later I found out that in ten years, the pastor had never canceled church!) I called the church office, and the message did not indicate that church would be closed, so we made the trek through the city to church that Sunday morning. I’ll never forget that first Sunday with our new church family. I knew that day that we had our found our new church home in Kansas City.

Later that month when we invited the pastor over for coffee, she told us that she was inspired by our story. Determined to start the New Year in a new city right, we traveled to church in the snow. Not only was it good for ourselves, but we inspired others that year.

I think it’s the same when you’re working on accomplishing a dream. In the beginning, the people in your life can act put off or hurt that you might be spending more time on your goals. But after just a little bit of success, soon they return to your corner, cheering you on. Then, as a result of your actions, you inspire them to reach for their own goals.

I’d love to hear about a time when you inspired others to act!

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Kobo!



Can two men find love amidst the pervasive culture of  propriety, honor, and expectation of the 1960s?

My latest novel, Need Your Love is available from Kobo!

No comments:

Post a Comment