Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Real Success



You have reached the highest achievement if you have lived well, laughed often, and loved much. Real success is about fully enjoying every moment ~ Ed and Deb Shapiro

What a roller coaster ride!  Really I've been on it since this time last year.  After four years of writing, I finished A Place to Call Their Own.  After a editing, I started submitting it to publishers and agents.  In February I was offered and signed a contract with Musa Publishing.

I just finished a weekend of edits in preparation for a July 5th release date and another polishing round last night.  Although the "down to wire" can be exhilarating and I wrote on Sunday that most of the time I can work under pressure, it can be a bit stressful as well!  I prefer to leave myself a little bit more room for deadlines.

But I wouldn't change anything for the world.  In less than two weeks, my first novel will be published.  Along the way I've lived, laughed, and loved. 

How do you define real success?

No comments:

Post a Comment