Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Most Dangerous Thing



The most dangerous thing in the world is to try to leap a chasm in two jumps ~ David Lloyd George

How are your goals for 2014 going? I hope they are going well. Mine have been under constant revision. When I completed the first drafts of both A Place to Call Their Own and Disappear With Me, I was at a stand still as far as the editing was concerned.

First of all, it's hard for me to edit my own work. I know what it's supposed to say most of the time. I can't help it if my fingers don't type exactly what I meant or I was the victim of auto-correct in a typing session. But now, I have a new revision strategy that I employ.

I am retyping the entire ms from beginning to end. That helps me re-read the manuscript how it's written. It also helps me "hear" in my own head the awkward sentences. I amuse myself with the notes I wrote in the first draft to fix the second time around.

My challenge is wanting to do too much! I still work a full time job and promotion seems to be a full time job. So I have to adjust my boundaries and make sure I am taking time for me as well. But I think I finally got it figured out this week.

Have you had to readjust your boundaries or routines this year? I'd love to hear!

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from All Romance eBooks!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from All Romance eBooks!



Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme to mention on social media!


No comments:

Post a Comment