Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Your Best Self Makes Your Best Stuff



When you're settled and still, that's the best way to create because your best self makes your best stuff ~ Bobby McFerrin

I just made my rooming arrangements for Rainbow Con, for readers and writers of LGBT fiction. I was just telling my roommate that all I'm low-key and I just need a quiet place to read, write, and sleep. I plan on spending most of my time at the Con.

One thing I can't compromise on is the time of day that I do my writing. I have to write in the morning when I first wake up. That's when I am my best self for writing and that's the only time I can be productive. I have tried to do some in the morning and some in the evening after work, it's never as satisfying for me as getting up and getting it done.

Now I am taking a bit of a break this week because of the time change. I am sleeping in a bit and not worrying about my word count goals. I planned for the break this week in my over all time frame for finishing up The Higher Law.

What's one routine boundary you can't break yourself?

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from BookStrand!



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from BookStrand!



Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Join the conversation, use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme on social media!




No comments:

Post a Comment