Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Secret



The secret is keeping busy and loving what you do ~ Lionel Hampton

Have you ever looked at the times when you're really busy and those when you're really not? I find it amazing sometimes that I get so much more done when I'm busy than when I'm not. When I have a lot on my plate and a lot going on, I tend to get things done. Most of the time it's because I know if I don't stop and take care of a five-minute or less project, it will get left or forgotten about.

When I was selling Tupperware and trying to build my business, we would talk about being busy. The advice given for those of us with smaller organizations and fewer parties, was to "make" ourselves busy by planning activities to make up the time that we would have spent having a party. That's when I discovered the beauty of making myself busy and staying busy.

Now I keep myself busy. I rarely relent on my rigorous writing goal so that I can get this third novel completed and submitted. Also, it's very hard to write at night after working all day. I must get my goal completed before I go to work. There have been times when I made up the word count over the weekend. Now that that the weather's getting nicer, that's getting more difficult to do. I just want to be outside.

How do you keep yourself busy and focused on your dream goals?

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Kobo !



Love is greater than hope or faith, but can Reverend Leander Norris convince a jury that the love he shares with another man is natural? 

My latest novel, Disappear With Me is available from Kobo!



Then request an Authorgraph, an electronic inscription, from me.




Join the conversation, use #APTCTO and #disappearwithme on social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment