Saturday, June 25, 2016

Saturday Sentiments: It's Just Coffee!



It’s just coffee. You won’t have to surrender any of your independence ~ Molesely, Downton Abby

As I’m preparing for this week’s Saturday Sentiments post, I’m reminded of two things.

First, I am working on my first short story for a charity anthology for the Orlando victims. I’ve never done a short story or contemporary so it’s a bit of a stretch for me. In the story, the main character has not dated for a very long time and it’s a similar situaiton…dinner does not constitute bliss and commitment.

It reminds me of my own “dating” life lately. Scared to death of going on anything that resembles a date, I’ve probably missed many opportunities to meet some great people. It’s kind of like some of my favorite characters in the novels I read and write. They miss some great moments to get to know what could be the love of their life.

Too bad real life didn’t turn out like romance novels. :-)

What are you reading this weekend?

_______________________________________________





Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from Amazon US!













Can two men find love amidst the pervasive culture of  propriety, honor, and expectation of the 1960s?

My latest novel, Need Your Love is available from Amazon US




No comments:

Post a Comment