Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday Sentiments: Love in All Its Differenet Forms




Here’s to Love in all its different forms ~ Jill Badonsky

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I am not a political anything. I have been out since I was 19 and even back in the 1990s, that was a political statement. I was one of the first gay men married here in Jackson County, Missouri when the county started issuing marriage licenses to the same-gendered couples.

I started writing because I wanted to tell a story. I continue writing because if one person who doesn’t understand what it’s like to be LGBTQIA+ reads my stories and can understand we have the same wants, needs, and fears, as them, then I feel like I’ve made my contribution to the world.

In the past, whenever someone posted something I didn’t agree with on a post of mine on Facebook, I either ignored or even deleted the rude comments. But this week I couldn’t ignore a comment on one of my posts. A connection of one my friends posted a comment on not liking gay marriage and it hit me wrong this week.

So here’s what I’d like to say to the ones on the opposite end of my spectrum: READ. MY. BOOKS. If, after you’ve read one of my novels, you still feel the same, so be it, I tried. If you don’t want to read about gay pioneers or a closeted gay lawyer and banker in the 1960s, then look on my Facebook page and choose one of the other thousands of other authors I’m friends with and choose one of their books. It’s even Father’s day weekend and you can find hundreds of titles that bring up the subject of gay families.

My heart goes out the families of the victims in Orlando. But my Christian sensibility also prays for the soul of the perpetrator of the attack and for those who don’t sympathize with the victims and their families. For me, that is love in its purest form.

Whether it’s romance or not, what are you reading this weekend? I’m still working on A Tested Love by Kayla Jameth.

_______________________________________________



Is it possible for two Civil War veterans to find their place in the world on the Kansas Prairie?


My first novel, A Place to Call Their Own is available from JMS Books !










Can two men find love amidst the pervasive culture of  propriety, honor, and expectation of the 1960s?

My latest novel, Need Your Love is available from JMS Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment