Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Keep on Beginning and Failing



Keep on beginning and failing.  Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps but one you’ll be glad to remember - Anne Sullivan, tutor to Helen Keller

A wise manager told me one that successful people have more problems than others.  That’s what this quote speaks about, picking up the pieces and moving along towards your dreams and goals.

I've started writing again after a sizable break.  I really wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and didn't have the energy to do that.  After feeling very guilty about not progressing on A Place to Call Their Own, I read an article in the current Writer's Digest about writer's block.  It says you can't be at your creative best when your mind is muddle with the stresses of the day.  That makes me feel a bit better, it even included tips to get the creative juices flowing during those times.

I cannot muddle in the past.  I must only move forward and keep working on my goal of getting at least the first draft of A Place to Call Their Own completed.  I have new routines in place that seem to be working with my third shift schedule.  I also have a new list of supporters, anxiously awaiting my next blog post and encouraging my work on my novel.

Where are you on your current journey?  Are you just beginning or are you starting all over again?  I'd love your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment