Sunday, December 2, 2012

Driving a Car at Night



Writing a novel is like driving a car at night.  You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way ~ E. L. Doctorow

If you've been following me for a while, you know I would substitute "writing a novel" for "following a dream."  It is just like driving a car at night, the whole trip is made by only seeing as far in front of you as the headlights, but you make it there eventually.

Believe me, I have run into the realities of the current publishing world and it's stalled me a bit.  But I'm not stopped.  Just stalled.  In the meantime, I'm working on editing for my second novel until I can move forward with my first novel.  It probably means I'll publish two novels next year through Amazon!  Woo Hoo!

I have dreamed of the time between November and December being a vacationy type time for me for quite some time.  This is the first year since I started writing my novel, that I feel like I can relax and not stress about the editing of the second novel.  In years past, I always had those feelings of guilt because I hadn't participated in NaNoWriMo and then wasn't working on it all.  But not this year.  With a well thought out plan for for next, I am easily taking some time and enjoying the season.

Are you enjoying the Holidays this year like you imagined?

No comments:

Post a Comment