Sunday, December 9, 2012

Your Joy, Your Happiness, Your Dreams



Right in the difficult we must have our joys, our happiness, our dreams:  there against the depths of this background, they stand out, there for the first time we see how beautiful they are ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

As crazy as it seems, it's been during some of the most difficult times of writing and publication process that I've seen the fruits of my labor and my dream even more clearly.

When I was challenged by my writing routines or challenged by what I was actually writing about, it was during those times I resolved to figure things out and get moving on my novel again.

Now during the editing and submission process, I also feel that surge of energy and tenacity to get it published.  An ex-boss once told me that we learn the most in some of our most dire circumstances. 

I use the energy I find in those dire circumstances to figure things out and move forward.  And usually, I don't just move forward, but I leap forward towards my dream. 

What have you learned along your dream journey when things seem bleak?

No comments:

Post a Comment