Tuesday, January 15, 2013

All Things Connect



Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread within it.  Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are bound together.  All things connect ~ Chief Seattle

As you're planning your goals/resolutions, I hope you've taken into account that everything is connected and that your goals have be connected, too.  And sometimes, things are done in the obvious order.  That sometimes is no fault of our own.

What I'm talking about is what going on within myself.  All last year I was bound and determined that I was going to publish the novel I wrote first and then the second.  After some serious thoughts and meditation, I've faced two fears with the first piece.  The first fear is whether it's good enough.  The second fear was showing growth in my work as a writer.

So there it is.  I've decided to publish the better work first.  After some further time alone, I think I'll have more tools available to make my first project even better.

What I hope translates for you in another dream journey is that sometimes when you think you've planned projects, sometimes it makes sense to shelve some and work on others, even if that is outside your original plan.  For me, this has been an energizing thought this weekend.

When have you changed course and started working on other projects?  I'd love to hear how that worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment