Sunday, January 20, 2013

Right or Better



Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right or better ~ John Updike

No matter what your dream journey, I believe it certainly does become creative when one cares about doing it right or better. 

No matter what your dream journey, you should be able to obtain books and other reading material to help you on your journey.  I am blessed to have such resources available for writer like myself, aspiring to be published.  In the last six months I've honed my reading schedule to assist with getting better at the craft of writing.

I am on schedule where I read a novel that I want to emulate, a book for research, and finally a book to improve my writing.  Recently I finished reading Writing 21st Century Fiction by Donald Maass to help improve my writing/storytelling.  I am currently reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton  because its plot resembles what I'm trying to accomplish with Disappear With Me.  When I am finished with The Forgotten Garden, I will be moving to research for my next book, The Higher Law.

What types of books do you read to further your dream journey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment