Sunday, January 13, 2013

We Do Not Need Magic



We do not need magic to change the world, we all carry the power we need inside ourselves already:  we have the power to imagine better ~ J.K. Rowling

The power to imagine better gets better each time we are creative.  It took me four years to write my first manuscript, largely due to the fact that I didn't plan my novel beyond its premise.  Last year, I sat down and brainstormed the end of the novel after writing two-thirds of it.

Recognizing the power of outlining and planning, I outlined my entire second novel, Disappear With Me.  With that outline in hand, I was able to write the first draft (at 90,000 words)in just four months!  Again, the more creative I used, the better my "imagining" became.

I am now entrenched in editing Disappear With Me.  Even as I work through each chapter I am coming up with new and different ideas to use in the novel.  It's been a wonderful experience.  And when I am done with Disappear with Me, once again I will return to A Place to Call Their Own and continue to massage it.

My point is that as I gain more experience with my writing, I'm becoming more creative.  Instead of running out of ideas, which is my fear, I am coming up with more and more of them.  The same can work for you in your dream journey.  The more ideas one comes up with and implement on your dream journey, the more creative one tends to be.

What have you done on your dream journey that's been a breath of fresh air?

No comments:

Post a Comment