Saturday, January 26, 2013

Take a Look at Yourself



Love means to learn to look at yourself the way one looks at distant things, for you are only one thing among many.  And Whoever sees that way heals his heart, without knowing it, from various ills ~ Czeslaw Milosz

While I've been on my writing journey, I've had a vast range of emotions.  Excitement, accomplishment and guilt only name a few.  Bur during my break in December, I finally realized that I am only a beginning writer with lots to learn about the craft of storytelling and novel writing.  And since then, I've been able to put some projects aside and work on others more productively.

So if you feel that you might be hitting a brick wall, take a step back and look at your progress and where you're at in your dream journey.  Are you just a beginner with a lot to learn, give yourself a break.  Are you a bit more establish, experienced, figure out what was successful in the past and see if you can implement those same processes again.

What "aha" moment have you had about your own skills and abilities lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment