Thursday, January 31, 2013

You Are Stronger



Sorrow comes in great waves...but it rolls over, and though it may almost smother us it leaves us on the spot and we know that if it is strong, we are stronger, inasmuch as it passes and we remain ~ Henry James

If you've been on your dream journey for a while, you know how much this is true.  Sorrow, stress, rejections, set backs - it is all the same.  You're going to have them.  If you're in sales, you're definitely going to have a lot of rejections and set backs.  If you're in a creative pursuit, there may be times of creative stress.  And remember, everything is subjective when it comes to creativity.

Whenever I'm feeling the weight of my writing pursuits, I peruse my dream house ideas and that usually gets me out of the doldrums.  Sometimes all it takes is my shear will to succeed and be published.  Other times I just take a look at my Twitterr or Facebook feeds and get some new ideas. 

What do you do when stress, rejection, or set backs come in great waves?  

No comments:

Post a Comment