Sunday, January 6, 2013

Never Have a Dry Spell



I have never had a dry spell in my life, mainly because I feed myself well, to the point of bursting.  I wake early and hear my morning voices leaping around in my head like jumping beans.  I get out of bed quickly to trap them before they escape ~ Ray Bradbury

With the New Year, it's a good time to examine your routines and make sure they are working for you.  It took me quite some time to really hone in on the "morning energy" that I need to write well.  Nine months ago I even changed jobs and shifts so that I have weekday mornings free.  I keep to morning writing routine on the weekends as well.

These new routines have kept me on schedule with my blogging and writing and editing projects.  I have to admit, being out of routine has really messed up some of my writing this last week, but now that I'm back to work, I'm back it regularly and with some renewed vigor.

So are your routines working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment