Saturday, July 28, 2012

Give Yourself a Treat



Here's the to the invention of the banana split ~ Jill Badonsky

Here's the invention of a treat of your choice!  Although with the heat we've had this summer, a banana split does sound good.

When you reach small goals and milestones, do you ever reward yourself?  If you don't, you should!  As a matter of fact, you should create milestone goals and rewards to match them. 

My treat for finishing A Place to Call Their Own was to start a new novel, Disappear with Me.  I had been thinking about it for some time and had the basic outline created, so it was pretty easy for me to finish one and start the other.  What kind of reward is that, you ask?

At that point in my writing, I needed to maintain the momentum I had found finishing A Place to Call Their Own.  Thanks to that momentum, I'm about finished completing the first draft of Disappear with Me.  I've written Disappear with Me in 1/10th of the time it had taken to write A Place to Call Their Own. 

My reward will be to start a third novel, The Higher Law, but slow down.  I will continue to write each day, but devote more time to the "business" of getting the two novels published. 

How about you?  Do you have milestone goals and rewards which helps you keep moving forward?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment