Thursday, July 12, 2012

An Inner World of Strength



Here's to understanding that power comes from an inner world of strength and peace undisturbed by any other or anything on the outside ~ Jill Badonsky

Getting up each day and accomplishing both my exercise goal and my writing goal give me the power I need to get up each morning and get cracking on those goals.  I know for me, if I don't get my workout done right away, I probably won't do it. 

There used to be time that if I didn't get my writing done first thing in the morning, it didn't get done.  Now, reaching my daily word count goal has become so important to me that if I don't get it done early in the morning, it gets done at some point during the day. 

I get my power to achieve my goals through the achievement of the daily routines that I have set for myself.  I don't ever want to feel lethargic like I used to, and that feeling helps motivate me to exercise each day.  My daily word count and bragging rights help me achieve my writing goal. 

You'll receive your power and strength from a different source, whatever you find that motivates you.  And only you can figure out what it is that helps you get up each day and work on your dream goals.  And only you can figure what motivates you to do it when you're dog tired, but know that you must work on your goals or your dreams won't come true.

What is a motivating factor for you?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment