Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We Must Discover it for Ourselves



We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us ~ Marcel Proust

I have been blogging for two years now.  If you've been following me you know that I subscribe to a basic five steps for success:  Create a Vision, Set Goals, Develop Routines, Define Boundaries, and Find Friends.  You also know that recently my daily mantra for achieving my dream of becoming a published fiction author has been WWRR, which stands for Workout, Write, Read, Relax. 

And nearly every personal story I tell you ends with, you have to figure out what works for you and your dream journey.  Just recently, I learned an editing trick that has helped me get past a hurdle and back on a productive editing track.  But again, I had to discover it for myself, try it for myself to see if it would work for me. 

That's the beauty of our dream journeys, they are all individualized and up to each one of us.  You may be following me because you're also looking to be a published author and we may have some similar thoughts, feelings, and obstacles in our process.  But only you can figure out what works for you in your journey, and vice versa.

What have you figured out recently that you could only figure out for yourself?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment