Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Grandchild of Nature



Painting is the grandchild of nature.  It is related to God ~ Rembrandt

I think any dream journey we take is a grandchild of nature and it is all related to God.  And sometimes, that even means that the dreams we choose for ourselves don't get to come true.

I watched the Anthony Robbins episode of Oprah's Next Chapter this week.  I had DVR'd it from some time ago.  One of the most profound lessons I learned was when Anthony Robbins said that sometimes we don't get to achieve the dreams we choose for ourselves so that others' dreams can come true.

When I first heard those words in the episode, I was a bit shocked and disappointed.  I ended up watching the two hour episode over a two day period in bits ad pieces, so I watched that segment of the show and went on about other business.  When I returned to the episode and watched the rest of the message, it made total sense to me. 

You see, when your dream doesn't come true, sometimes it is to allow other people to achieve those dreams.  What made sense for me was thinking about an old dream of being a direct sales dynamo.  Through direct sales I learned about daily sales routines which includes making contacts, talking about your business, and meeting people who will either buy, have a party, or sell with you.  In writing all of this translates to writing every day, using social media to build a platform, and talking about my writing as often as I can.

Although, at an earlier point in my life, I dreamed of becoming a direct sales dynamo with a large sales organization, it wasn't in the cards for me.  I didn't have the drive and focus to achieve all those daily routines at the time.  All the lessons I learned in direct sales, I've applied to writing.  Again, I write everyday, I make contacts through my blog, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets.  As soon I my first novel gets published, I'll start more promotional and marketing routines. 

So whatever you do can be the grandchild of nature and related to God.  Sometimes we see our paths clearly and start making dreams come true.  Sometimes, through the pursuit of other dreams, our eyes are opened to our true destinies.  And most of the time, the early lessons we have learned can be applied to the true path we're meant to be on.

Did you start on one path, but found a different dream journey that seems a better fit for you? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment