Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Art



Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known ~ Oscar Wilde

I've stated before that when one does a task well, I consider that art.  So I'd like you to consider that anything you do well could be the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.  Many successful people in are seen as experts in their professions and called to share with others about their experiences. 

When you're on a dream journey, seek out others who are ahead of you on your dream journey or those that have achieved the goal you're working on.  Seek out their experiences and glean what you can from them. 

In the past, when I've been in the position of mentor, it usually helps me hone my skills and not be lazy, especially if I'm trying to teach someone else.  I have a couple of writing mentors out there with which I touch base from time to time.  It's always refreshing and inspirational to hear from them.

Today's post also reminds me I need to add a page on my web site for writer resources.  Maybe that will be my focus for this week.

I'd love to hear about how your mentors have helped your dream journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment