Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Energy Creates Energy



Life begets life.  Energy creates energy.  It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich ~ Sarah Bernhardt

Energy does create energy.  Have you ever dreaded doing a chore, but once you dove in and got going, it felt really good to have accomplished the chore?  We have a project at work that's like that.  It always out there and we dread doing it, but once we get going it feels like quest that must be conquered.

I've experienced he same thing in my writing.  Of course, when I started I was excited and happy to finally be writing a novel after two years of searching for topic.  Then work and life got in the way, I hadn't figured out the direction, and it seemed like a big behemoth project that needed to be completed.  Once I figured out how to fit the writing in my daily life and the outline for the novel, things moved along quickly and I finished the first draft of the manuscript this year.

Then I experienced the same sort of dread when it came to editing.  And I've been through that twice.  The first round of edits frustrated me because I kept missing stupid typo mistakes.  The second round of editing loomed in front of me because I knew I needed to make some changes, but once again, didn't know where to start.

So whatever step in your dream journey is intimidating you, go ahead and start into it.  Soon, you'll find it's not so bad after all and you'll feel like you accomplished something once you're done.

What chore has been intimidating you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment